Friday, May 27, 2022

RV Window Ugliness

 Yesterday, I LOST it... As I may have mentioned a couple of blog articles ago, we have an RV Maintenance list longer than my leg with a budget the length of my arm. Baby step reminders are in order here. While Mark was out and about, working in the RV Park, that we are at for this summer workamping, the Holiday Hills RV Park in Coalville, Utah. I took full advantage of his departure of the day. I went and ripped these ugly buggers OUT. 

Before and please excuse the mess!!

So the above picture is the UGLY I was talking about. Not our color scheme and it's over 20+ years old, which comes with smell, wear and tear and just plain UGLY. Oh, lets really dive into it. See the blinds next to the open window? Sun damage warped blinds, (no fault to the previous owners at all, it's just time worked against these buggers, as well as the heat damage from constant sun bleeking on them).


Wow, more light coming in now?

I could feel my heart racing as I was beating the clock. I wanted to see if Mark, when he arrived home, would notice right away the differences. I've got to say, two different screws were used to install them and some of them were damaged and most difficult to remove, (plus, I stole hubs tools lol).  But golly joe, I started making progress as you can see from the picture. 


Now we can can compare before and after now!

There is a tinge of excitement going on - however running the old, yucky, UGLY material out the door was a funny challenge. Strings hanging everywhere and just awkwardly stumbling down the stairs like a child who is afraid of getting caught doing something naughty. But it's all gone. And now, I have to wait to get the paint (black for the window frames) and peelable wallpaper for the walls and definitely touch ups on the frames of the slide-out. So much to do, with so little budget to go towards this yet. But the DEMO was FREE!! 


Ellie here LOVES it, she can take to her perch and window watch
without the distractions of the blings and its ever nasty string everywhere

So the deed is done and now that it's been 24 hours, I am screaming inside to wallpaper or paint. I already have in mind the window treatment I am going with. Creative and easy to change out whenever I want to change them, (and I will). But sitting here typing this out,  looking to the right and I see WHAT? A dirty window... Yup, now I need to log off so that I can wash all the inside windows. All that ugliness was hiding dirty windows. Can I ever win? Well, off to "window" dream shop. I'm hoping Mark will be pumping extra propane here at the park to pay for my upcoming improvements. Slow and Steady wins the race. 

Who ever said owning a second hand RV was going to be easy? Actually, it hasn't been too bad. We know what we have to do but we just need to pace and steady it out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

October Birthdays and Anniversaries

 There are 9 days left of September. Everyone is talking, Halloween and we are getting ready for the before Oct 31 holidays.  October has al...

RVing Fans

Total Pageviews