Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Women's Health While RVing

 Women's Health While RVing. 

Well, it can be tricky and easily neglected. Each one of us has to figure it out. Things like less stress, elevation differences, time differences, food differences, even the weather differences can have an impact on how well we are treating our bodies. 

Less Stress? Less stress can mean taking less of your medicine. This gets me into trouble the most. I'll feel so good mentally that I forget to take important medicine and then I am down for a day or two at a time in physical pain (hate the C word). So to solve this issue, I have a medical journal and have alarms set on my cell and my fitbit. This has made a whirl of difference.

This is the medical journal I have, except mine is teal in color. It's a little more extreme but for those that have major medical issues, this is a gem. I'm so guilty of forgetting or not wanting to take certain medications when I'm feeling my best. 


Higher elevation can do havoc on some people. There are medications that can be affected by the higher elevation, for example, acetazolamide is one, so be careful. Chances of heart attacks can increase too for some. I personally have a hard time breathing at higher elevations, so we don't stay long above 8000 for too long. It's weird, a million years ago, it didn't affect me as much other than not being able to run a hill. 

Time difference. Our bodies get so used to medicine at certain times of  the day. And with the time differences that can get pretty interesting. They say 30% of medicine does rely on the time you take it. So setting those alarms helps. 



                                        
 

I don't have this fitbit but it was highly recommended to me because of the band that you can have your medical alerts engraved on it. It is on my shopping list. Fitbits really have advanced. Would you believe I still have the original (actually both Mark and I do). We really need to upgrade, as fitbits do more and more now - like call for help!. 

Weather can also play a huge role in your medical as well. Medicine Storage for one. With temperature differences your meds could degrade or rot quicker. My major pain meds we keep in a safe. With junkies left and right, we wanted to be as responsible as we possibly could be. Plus having kids guests in our RV, we couldn't live with ourselves, if somehow a child got ahold of my medication. Treat your meds as if you were in a brick and stick home, (or as my friend calls it STUCK HOME). Different temperatures can alter the chemicals in your pills. So be mindful of that. 

RV life is about life vacation, but the real world must be respected when it comes to your health. It took me my first 6 months to figure that out, and I stay on top of it now with consistent routines. And with my medical journal (log your food - that is the major secret sauce for my medical issues). 

Women.... Let's chat menopause. It's part of my world. It's not fun at times but I seem to have a better handle on it. I changed some of the ways I eat and found something I can take that helps. Magic Pills? No not exactly but dang - close enough.  


I keep these under my bedroom closet. Mark installed 2 of these. I wake up and take, 
and when I go to bed I am able to take WITHOUT forgetting. 


I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE these pills. THEY HELP. Mark noticed how well they work and we buy 3 bottles at a time because we are both afraid of me running out. Sometimes, not having an easily mailing address causes issues but we jump ahead of it. Hot Flashes so far are gone. Mood is better, and just an easier transitioning as I go through the change. And just so that I am clear, THEY WORK FOR ME. I tried everything. 

So ladies, how do you deal with women's health in your RV? Suggestions, Tips?? Share, Share, Share. bouncing off each other we save money, time, and in some cases heartaches. 

Remember hitting any of the Amazon links does give us credit. It does not change the price of the product at all - in fact in some cases you may get those sale prices.  We as RV full-timers depend on Amazon because it's only one website to have to shop through and saves us so much time. Because they have delivery centers now all over the USA we are saved!! 

https://linktr.ee/megonervingadventures for all of our adventures and links. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Birthdays and Anniversaries

 There are 9 days left of September. Everyone is talking, Halloween and we are getting ready for the before Oct 31 holidays.  October has al...

RVing Fans

Total Pageviews